Pages

"If you have faith as tiny as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?


I am in total shock that the kids will all be heading back to school next week! This summer feels like it just flew by! Austin also had a big day this week-he got his driver's license. Woot! Woot! Such a big thing that he has worked on for so long. He is super excited about driving his brother and a friend to the Mayhem concert this weekend. So this afternoon, they loaded up in the car and off they went, leaving a teary eyed Mom and an apprehensive Dad. They made it back home safe and sound...but where did this little boy go?

I ran across this quote yesterday and it really touched me. I thought I would post it here too since it’s insanely in-tune with how I’ve been feeling.
“If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware. The tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered around the house, the piles and piles of laundry lying around to be tackled, will disappear all too soon. And, you will, to your surprise, miss them profoundly.”~President Thomas S. Monson
Yeah….. Amen. That’s all I can say to that as I rubbed the goosebumps on my arms. ♥♥♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you are feeling...I remember when my girls first got their driver's license..
As they were all excited about taking their friends someplace in the car, here I was standing either in the yard or in the street watching as they drove away and having tears going down my cheeks...Gosh, where did my babies go?....